On this day in 1941, the Atlantic Charter was a joint declaration by Winston Churchill and Franklin Roosevelt, defining the Allied goals for the post war world.
- no territorial aggrandizement; no territorial changes made against the wishes of the people
- self-determination; restoration of self-government to those deprived of it
- reduction of trade restrictions; global cooperation to secure better economic and social conditions for all
- freedom from fear and want
- freedom of the seas
- abandonment of the use of force
- disarmament of aggressor nations.